Sunday, January 22, 2012

It Worked! and His and Her Birthday Cards

Well, my thoughts of snow finally worked!  We awoke to about 2-1/2 inches of snow topped with a layer of ice on Saturday morning.  It's still pretty well frozen today; however, tomorrow is expected to be in the 50s, so it will soon disappear.

Snow always inspires me to bake; so while I waited for a batch of peppermint sugar cookies to bake, I made this card for a friend's birthday.  I don't usually like to make masculine cards; but when I saw this line from My Mind's Eye, I had to give it a try.

The only things not from My Mind's Eye are the kraft cardstock base from Recollections and the twine.  I love the die-cut banner and celebrate wood pennant.  The tickets are part of their die-cut borders and the green polka dot Don't Forget is a sticker.  I used foam popup adhesive stickers under the star banner and celebrate wooden pennant.  There is some fun circle garland that is part of this collection that I'm anxious to use on something else.

This is another first for me--making my own envelope.  I used a sheet of Recollections kraft cardstock and my Martha Stewart scoring board.  I was surprised how easy it was (as long as you don't press too hard!).  I had fun playing with the matching stamps to this line of paper.  I adhered a layered sticker to the ribbon (?) in the upper corner.  Ink used was Ranger Distress Ink in Forest Moss.
 Last Sunday, I spent some time crafting with my SIL Anabelle.  She generously allowed me to use some of her supplies, so I made this birthday card for another sister-in-law whose birthday is this week.

The pattern paper, chipboard label, swirl, butterfly and certificate stickers are all Prima.  The twill, button and stamped sentiment are Papertrey Ink.  I love how this turned out.  The patterns are so pretty in person.

Again, I appreciate all who stop by to visit here and leave a comment.  I am happy to see I have followers, too!  Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for stopping by my blog with the sweet comments! Am now a follower! Take care and have a wonderful week!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweety,
    Just stunning cards you made!
    I just enjoyed your snow report!
    Have fun,
    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, congratulations on the snow, Patty! :) I don't know if we're ever going to get cold enough this winter to get any. Your cards are fabulous! Love all the krafty goodness of the masculine card. The banner and dimensional stickers are fabulous, and I adore your matching envelope. And how beautiful is your other birthday card. Love the layers of pattern and the sweet, feminine detail. The bow really catches my eye, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Patty and I love that envelope!!!! Snow inspires me to snuggle up with a good book, I think my family would be happier if I were more like you. LOL

    ReplyDelete