Friday, August 31, 2012

Just One More


Just popping in to share one more August birthday card.  This one was for my Dad's 80th birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I started out by making a kraft card base.  The pattern papers are from Colorbok.  I faux stitched in brown ink around the green paper.  The diecuts and tags are from Recollections.  The felt vine is Prima.  I made a bow from hemp and attached a button and tag onto it.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.  I also inked the edges with brown chalk ink except for the card base which is edged with white chalk ink.


I also used some Therm-o-Web foam square to give a bit of dimension.  I struggle with making masculine cards, but I do like how this one turned out.  Hope you do, also!

It's the start of a long Labor Day holiday weekend here in the States, so I hope everyone enjoys it.  And, of course, I wish a fabulous weekend for everyone everywhere!  Thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice comments.  I really appreciate them and you!

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! You are such a crafty gal, and I love all the adorable elements you've combined here. It comes together beautifully. If you get the chance, it would be AWESOME to have you link up at Word Art Wednesday. We'd LOVE to have you play along with us, and your art is so pretty that I'd love for everyone to be able to see it.
    Hope you're having a great week. I appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement. Youre such a blessing to me.
    Hope to see you soon,
    Karen
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card sweet details and layers beautiful made!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your layering makes it pop. I am so glad that you figured out your blog...I don't know if I would have been able too. happppppppy labor day! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous bday card for your Dad! Love the bird and all the goodies on this card...great job! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful..I love all the details...beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattyo, this is a fab male card, im sure your Dad loved it and a very happy 80th birthday to him, awwww that's lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, this is stunning, Patty! What a fabulous masculine card design for your dad's 80th birthday. LOVE all those layers! This is one of my all-time top faves of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful masculine card! I, too, have trouble creating masculine cards - thanks for the inspiration, Patti!

    ReplyDelete