Sunday, October 14, 2012

Get Well Card

Can you believe it is just about mid-October?!  Time is just flying by--at least if you are having fun!  I had a very stressful beginning of the week; but thankfully, the week ended on a better note.  I met two friends from high school for dinner on Thursday night.  We had a great time and enjoyed catching up.  It's nice to know that after all these years, we can still pick up where we left off.  Saturday was the annual fall outing at a local orchard with my SIL and nephew.  My son, even though he is 22, still loves to go but had to work.  We had a fun time.  I came home with fresh apple cider as well as cider donuts.  I'll share photos later.

Today's card was made for a cousin who recently had surgery.  The papers are MME.  I used my EK punches to layer the plain and scalloped circles onto a doily.  I then tied a white ribbon from my stash around the side of the card.  The flowers are a combination of Prima and Recollections.  The leaves are Prima.  The black swirl is from Colorbok.  A Martha Stewart butterfly punch was used on more MME paper and accented with Recollections rhinestones.  A PTI sentiment finishes it off.


A new week is about to begin and I hope it brings the best to you.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your sweet comments!

5 comments:

  1. HI..this is a lovely card, I hope it helps to cheer up your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Patty! Love the paper and the yellow and blue color combo with the pops of black. The layered die cuts and doily are so pretty. Love the bow and the cluster of flowers, too. I'm sure your cousin is going to adore this.
    Sorry to hear your week started out a bit stressful, but it does sound like it picked up by the end. Hope this week starts out good and gets even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with beautiful flowers.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card definitely cheer her up.

    ReplyDelete