Sunday, October 7, 2012

Once Upon a Halloween

Happy day after World Cardmaking Day!  I enjoyed browsing various blogs and viewing all the beautiful creations.  I hope you had a chance to create a card or two as I did.  One of my birthday gifts was a 6x6 paper pad as well as stickers from Webster's Pages Once Upon a Halloween line.  I had so much fun creating these three cards.


My first card was made by adhering the purple pattern paper onto green cardstock.  The black stitching around the edges is actually a rub-on.  I then attached a Webster's sticker sentiment onto a Recollections diecut.  The leaves, flower, pumpkin and lace are also from Recollections.  I attached a Webster's tag sticker to purple cardstock, cut around it and attached it to the flower with purple hemp.  The owl was cut out from the Webster's paper, attached with foam squares and accented with yellow Stickles.  The purple witch's hat is from Queen and Co. 


My second card was made by using both sides of one sheet of the paper.  I simply cut it apart and flipped it over onto a base of black cardstock.  I then took a strip of another piece of paper and punched the lace edge with a Martha Stewart punch.  I applied Webster's word stickers down the edge of the strip and accented it with rhinestones.  I put a piece of purple adhesive lace from Recollections along the side.  The flower is held together with a Queen and Co cat brad.  The leaves are Prima and the black swirl is Colorbok.  I cut out another owl from the paper as well as the scaredy cat sentiment, attached them with foam squares, and accented them with yellow and green Stickles.  Here is a side view.


Last, but not least, is my favorite.  I love this particular paper.  Two different papers are attached to the card base.  I used the lace punch again on a piece of the green pattern paper and attached a Webster's sticker sentiment.  The owl was cut from the Halloween paper and attached with foam squares.  I accented his eyes with yellow Stickles.  Isn't he the cutest thing?!  I then put some Recollections leaves and flowers with a bit of cream twill around the branch the owl is sitting on.  In the upper left corner, I applied a Colorbok swirl and another Recollections flower. 



Well, that's it for me today.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Thanks so very much for stopping by and for your very sweet comments.  Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, what awesome Halloween cards, Patty! You are on fire, Girl! You KNOW I love all the Webster's goodies. Cannot believe I don't have this Halloween line from them. So, so love all the fussy cut owls and your detailing with the gems, flowers, and leaves is fabulous. LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw beautiful cards you have made.
    byebye,lean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten it was WCMD, rofl. I love those owls....you did a wonderful job on all three! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your cards when I saw them over at InspireME- beautiful work with all the Webster's goodies :D~!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that owl card! Actually all 3 are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Pat! these are the prettiest Halloween cards.

    ReplyDelete