Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Cards

Hi everyone!  I didn't get much crafting done this past week other than decorating an envelope for a Christmas card.  It was kind of an up and down week--some good things and some not so good things.  I did spend most of the day yesterday decorating the Christmas tree but still have the rest of the house to make festive.  Anyway, I have two Christmas cards to share today.

This first card uses papers from Little Yellow Bicycle 6x6 Once Upon a Christmas paper pad.  I decided to make a tag to decorate the card.  I used some white chalk ink from Ingvild Bolme to edge the pattern paper before attaching it to the card base.  I then layered a piece of white lace onto the paper.  A snowflake stamp from Hampton Art was used for the background of the tag.  I cut out some banners from one of the pattern papers and adhered them with foam squares to the tag.  A bit of green trim was glued to the bottom edge of the tag.  A K&Co layered sticker, Recollection gold beads and a bit of red ribbon finished off the tag which was attached to the card with more foam squares by Therm-o-Web.  The snowflakes were made from a Marvy punch.




The next card is made with papers from Melissa Frances.  I cut a piece of Holly paper and attached it to the card base.  I wrapped a piece of cream twill around it and tied it in a bow.  The snow couple was cut from a sheet of Frosty paper and attached to the postage frame that I painted white and made it sparkle with Martha Stewart glitter.  A touch of Stickles was applied to the holly on the snowman's hat and the snowgirl's bouquet.  Then I tied a Melissa France candy cane and little snow-coated bells with baker's twine to the bow.  A PTI sentiment stamped to a tag finished this one off.


I need to get crafting this week so I'll have something to share soon.  I've kept to my one New Year's resolution to craft something at least once a week; and so far, I've managed to do that.  Thanks so much for stopping by and know that I appreciate all your sweet comments.  Have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

  1. Patty, you make such festive, beautiful holiday cards~ such a treat to view!!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your cards! I love the beautiful, traditional Christmas colours that you used on both and the tiny bells on the second card are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely cards, and I am with you. gotta do some scrapping every week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards Patty!!! love them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Patty! These are both such beautiful cards! Holy Cow, you are on fire!!! Beautifully done, my friend!
    Sorry to hear you're having an up and down time. Hope things turn around for the better soon! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your cards Patty. I know what you mean about making resolutions and keeping them! Congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete