Sunday, July 27, 2014

Butterfly Chase

It's a hot, humid day outside today, and I'm grateful for the cool comfort of being indoors.  You may have noticed that I love my Joy Crafts butterfly die and I've used it once again on today's card.


Recently, I picked up a 6x6 paper pad of Prima's Printery papers.  I love the aged look of them.  This card was so easy to make.  It began with a base of black cardstock and the butterfly edge inked with tea dye Distress Ink.  The bow was made with tea-stained twill from Melissa Phillips.  I made the tag from another sheet of the Printery paper and attached a Recollections butterfly and pearls to dress it up.  Prima flowers were tucked under the tag and a couple of vintage buttons attached to the upper right corner.


If you click on each photo, you can view them in a larger size.  When I saw the words "Butterfly Chase" on this paper, I knew I had to pair it with that die and the jeweled butterfly.  Some things just seem to come so easily together, and I hope you like this.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!  I do enjoy reading your sweet comments.  Have a wonderful week!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Patty! I love the stunning butterfly and fancy butterfly border! Thanks for the inspiration and enabling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! The butterfly detailing is gorgeous! Beautiful card!........and I agree a VERY hot and humid day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...pure beauty, Patty! I love everything about this gorgeous card! Lovely paper, butterfly, ribbon, tag, and butterfly border! It's very humid here. We've had scattered showers here and there, but we need a good rain! Take care and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Patty, and love the butterfly die as well.. winter days here have been very mild, but cold mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, how very beautiful, Patty! Love the layers and depth to this one, and LOVE the sweet shabby vintage style! The big twill bow totally caught my eye. Love the flowers layered behind the tag, too. What fabulous dimension and detail that ads. And wow on that butterfly border. It really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with cool layers and details.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete