Sunday, June 7, 2015

Get Well Card Using Graphic 45

Recently, I was asked to make a get well card for someone and to include butterflies.  I immediately thought of Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments line, and this is what I made.


Beginning with a white cardstock base, I layered two sheets of patterned paper on top.  I accented the second sheet with a string of pearls.  The QuicKutz doily edges were given an aged look with a bit of ink.  A decorative strip of paper was placed over the doily.  The Prima flowers were accented with Recollections rhinestones and a hemp bow.  The butterflies were fussy cut from the paper and accented with Stickles.  A sentiment was stamped onto the tag whose daisy centers were highlighted with Stickles, and tiny chipboard circles were placed in four corners.


It's a pretty day outside today.  I just finished pruning some bushes and weeding the flower bed.  After I finish ironing, I think I'll catch up on some reading.  I hope the week ahead is a wonderful one for you.  Thanks so much for stopping by and also for your sweet comments.  I appreciate it!

11 comments:

  1. Wow Patty, this is so stunning!! Love the soft pastels and pretty patterned papers. Your big butterfly is such an eye catcher and what an amazing idea to use coordinating butterfly chipboard pieces on the corners, such a lovely detail! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love creating with Graphic 45 papers? Really like the soft colors and the butterfly! Very pretty card, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this came out so beautiful! I just love the romantic, elegant and intricate look of your card and the bling accents are true perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and elegant Patty! The string of pearls and shimmery butterflies look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is beautiful, Patty! I love the framework you created with those round corners and the string pearls, and the papers and butterflies are SO pretty! Love the doily and all the detail, too. Great layers! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you captured the lady's wishes for a getwell butterfly card perfectly! Just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a lovely get well card, Patty! Love all the butterflies, doily, and pearls! And, very pretty colors and papers!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Patty ♥ it's always a compliment when someone asks you to make a card , have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card sweet soft colors!

    ReplyDelete