Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year Mini Canvas

Hi friends.  To mark the New Year 2016, I decided to alter a mini canvas that's been in my stash for awhile.  When I saw the sweet Pion Design image of the child with the number 1, I thought this would be perfect as a focus on the canvas and to mark the New Year.


The canvas measures 4x4 inches.  The image was adhered to the canvas with Glue N Seal.  The pretty lace and ribbon trim, doily, pearl star, and pearl border strip were gifts to me.  The silver star charm was attached to the blue seam binding bow and accented with a Recollections pearl.  The felt snowflakes are also from Recollections.


Once the glue dried for the image, everything came together rather quickly.  I enjoyed making this little canvas so much and hope you like it.

After a warm Christmas, winter has finally made an appearance here with cold, but seasonable, temperatures.  However, no snow is forecasted as of yet--maybe snow flurries tomorrow.  Today is a perfect day to put on a large pot of homemade chicken noodle soup with some warm, crusty bread which is my plan for today.  I hope your new year is off to a good start.  I just found out I won a gift certificate to Heartfelt Creations and am thrilled!  It's back to work for me tomorrow after a nice long break for the holiday.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate all your kind comments.  Wishing everyone good health and happiness for the new year.

13 comments:

  1. Pretty. I love the beads and ribbon. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so beautiful and elegant. You always make the most beautiful shabby chic projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty: Is this a gift to yourself? It is so pretty and I can imagine it hanging on a wall. Sweet image and so feminine with all the beads, ribbon and lace. Congrats on your Heartfelt Creation blog hop win!
    We still have a covering of snow here from the storm after Christmas, enough that hubby can go cross-country skiing. I made soup today as well, turkey! (of course, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patty! Wonderful, beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Patty! SO sweet! I LOVE that adorable little vintage image, and LOVE all your pretty accents. The mix of trims is fabulous!
    We are starting to cool down finally after some really warm weather before Christmas.... but nowhere near snow conditions. Hope you get some of the white stuff in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas Patty. I love the vintage image, and the laces really add a beautiful shabby feel! I hope you had a wonderful New Years! Here's to another year full of love, laughter and crafting! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous mini canvas! What a sweet vintage image! And, such lovely elegant trims! Happy New Year to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Patty! Love the sweet vintage image and all the fancy trimmings! What a wonderful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow is this ever gorgeous! This will be treasured for years to come - so much love poured into this one and every detail perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Patty, what an adorable canvas. Loving all your elements and design.
    Happy New Year, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patty!
    I just finished unpacking from our holiday vacation and decided I deserved a little 'me time' with a visit to your blog. I ADORE your beautiful canvas! What a perfect way to ring in the New Year. The image from Pion seems like it was made just for you and your fabulous work of art. And I love the frothy lace and all the shabby chic touches. I hope your holidays were wonderful and I wish you many blessings through the New Year!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete