Sunday, January 7, 2018

Kindness Can Change the World

Happy 2018, everyone!  Let's hope this year is much better than the last.  This first week of January brought us a significant snowfall along with extremely cold temperatures.  I was very happy to see the snow, especially watching it from the warmth and comfort of being indoors!

Today, I am sharing a new tag which, I think, the sentiment is a perfect theme for this new year--kindness can change the world.  When I saw this beautiful collection from Stamperia called "Blue Stars", I just had to have it.  And, of course, this particular sentiment just spoke to me.


The tag shape was cut from a cereal box and covered with the papers.  The edges were inked and distressed.  The frame die, which was a gift to me, is from Studio Light.  I used it to frame one of the journaling cards.  I cut a star shape from the collection, outlined it with Mercury Glass Stickles, and added it with a pop dot to the heart.  Cheesecloth was tucked under the frame.  The little girl was fussy cut from the papers and popped up with foam tape for dimension.  Isn't she so sweet?  Wink of Stella was applied to her crown and wings and a string of pearls attached to the base of the crown.  She is standing on a word tile surrounded by tiny flowers from Tim Holtz.  Lace, bead and rhinestone trims were placed across the bottom of the tag.  The wooden stars are from Recollections.  Liquid Pearls in Platinum were added here and there.  A piece of blue seam binding and white cording was tied to the top. 


I've made another tag from this collection which I will share another time.  Stamperia papers are a wonderful quality and the patterns are beautiful.  If you click on each photo, you can see the details better.

Well, that's it for me today.  I hope your new year is off to a good start and I wish you all good health and happiness.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate all your kind comments.

12 comments:

  1. Your tag looks seriously gorgeous! Such a pretty vintage image and lovely lace touches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, your tag is amazing! I had a good look to discover all the beautiful details and I love the finishing touch with the pearls.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gcrgeous tag with a beautiful message! Sweet image and great touch with the stars, gems, and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your tag is sooo cute, I love the blue colors and the little crown is so sweet.. i hope you keep warm, as we try not to melt over here!! Have a great 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty tag - love those wooden stars and all the trims! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Patty! Love the fancy trimming and the wooden stars! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Patty! I pray your holiday season was everything beautiful. I have returned to the precious crafty world and have every hope that it is for good this time. Thank you for never giving up on me. :) Your tag is truly divine. The sentiment is beautiful, as are the magical layers surrounding it. Thank you for the sweet inspiration, friend. Have a blessed weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Patty! I love the soft colors and that little girl is so sweet! I love the stars; so very magical! The sparkly one at the center really caught my eye! You do a fabulous job of arranging your layers to tell a story! The trims are fantastic details that I adore on your artwork! Sending warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore this tag, Patty! Such a gorgeous mix of rustic wood accents mixed with a touch of glamour for the perfect shabby chic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag Patty, I think I need to get my hands on some of the Stamperia papers. A genius use of a cereal box, one of my favourite things to recycle! So many beautiful elements, that image is just darling!! Loving that lace and the layered bling on top, a gorgeous design. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete