Sunday, February 25, 2018

Birthday Card Using Tim Holtz Items

Once again, it is another rainy day here but I do not mind.  I find the rain rather peaceful.  I would rather it be snow but I guess that is not going to happen much more this season.

Yesterday was my husband's birthday.  I struggle making masculine-themed cards and almost went out to buy one.  Being a fan of Tim Holtz and owning quite a few of his products, I thought I should make some use of them.  Here is what I made.


Everything on the card is by Tim Holtz except for the card base and foam tape.  The postage stamp frame was cut from his Classic cardstock and covered with paper from last year's Christmas collection.  I used Distress Inks in Stormy Sky, Scattered Straw and Mowed Lawn on the background.  The flower diecut shapes are from his Botanical Ephemera.   A butterfly from the Botanical Ephemera was attached to the little boy paper doll.  All were adhered with foam tape for dimension.  A remnant rub was placed on the Enameled Tag and tied with a Jute String bow.  A couple of metal stars were glued in the upper right corner.


My husband liked this card and I hope you do as well.  I must admit I did enjoy putting it together.  I like the fact that the Christmas paper worked well with the botanical items.  I need to play with these things more often!

Well, that's it for me today.  I am looking forward to a nice dinner with my family later and just taking it easy.  Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and also for your sweet comments.  Have a most wonderful week ahead!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, it's a wonderful card, love that little guy with his butterfly wings!!
    Have fun at that family dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful masculine birthday card for your husband, Patty! Hope he had an awesome birthday! Love all the Tim Holtz products and the image with the butterfly wings! Fab metal stars, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Patty! Love all the layers and the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your arrangement is so well done, Patty! My favorite part are those big blue blossoms peaking out from the background. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty, I missed this card and I think it's sooo very nice! The boy is such a cute eyecatcher!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this is fabulous, Patty! I struggle with masculine cards, too, but I think you really hit this one out of the park. All those Tim Holtz goodies are perfect for a guy card, and I love that you made those botanical pieces fit in on a masculine design. Love the bits of metal you added in with the tag and stars. And the butterfly wings behind the paper doll is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative and fabulous card. love the Tim elements.. I hope you have your power on by now.. that is NO fun at all, stay safe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems I'm a little late to the party. Sorry Patty. This is fabulous, I do love your work with the Tim Holtz products. So many wonderful elements, love the butterfly wings behind the young lad!!

    So many people have been hit with snow recently, but here in Canada it's been lovely spring weather for the most part. How ironic is that! I haven't had a chance to get out yet and enjoy any of it, but the summer birds are arriving and the smells and sounds of the warmer season are starting to become more noticeable. Looks like it's shaping up to be a season of tons of babies!! sending hugs to you and hoping you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have missed this one on my blog visits Patty. Love the expression on the boys face, he suits his butterfly wings. Lovely design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I wonder how on earth I missed this, Patty! But I'm so happy I didn't miss it completely! You are multi talented, my friend, and can put together a great Tim inspired masculine card! I almost squealed when I saw you used the Christmas stash on this and then added some color--genius! Every single detail works perfectly together!

    Happy belated birthday to your hubby. He shares a birth date with my good friend who just turned 70. My daughter and I just took her to lunch to celebrate the other day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete